Where they are? Those responsible for the mess that the NEC has become? Sometimes I get called all sorts, and then some, from a multitude of posters who I know nothing about. The only thing I know for sure are they are not members of the NEC.
It seems they can be safely deployed against what I am saying. They can claim everything I am saying is inaccurate, not true, false, take your pick. These are folk who have never been on the NEC, never been near being on the NEC, have not a scooby about what has really been going on, or more accurately what has not been going on. They are the useful token force all too ready to “die for the Party” arguing a case that doesn’t exist but full of accusations and insults that those who point an accusing finger at the NEC are, take your pick, full of ego, TORIES, unionists, trolls,etc. and their sole task is to blow smoke over all the facts.
So today I decided to set them all a challenge. So here goes
- Contact an NEC member ask them why they are not out in public defending themselves, particularly as you know what I am saying is untrue. It would be much more effective if a serving NEC member just came out with the evidence that Independence was a regular topic at NEC meetings, perhaps produced some recent agendas with it top of the agenda, or even the bottom.
- Perhaps explain in public why it was in the Party’s best interests that the NEC abandoned the principle of open, recorded voting in favour of a secret ballot thus ending the years of accountability that every other NEC had faithfully observed over decades.
- Explain why it was good practice to ban Westminster candidates from standing for Holyrood whilst not abstaining in the vote when a lot of them planned to be candidates themselves.
- You could maybe ask why the Party Accounts for 2019 are many months late being published and whether there is any chance of them being published this side of Conference.
- You could ask about salaries as well and if the media speculation about salaries as high or close to 200k are true? To be fair they might not be able to answer that one because even being on the top management committee of the Party it seems that this information is withheld from them. Likewise any other six figure salaries as well.
Now when you read those questions and know the truthful answers I have probably answered my own question. That is why there is not a NEC member in sight willing to defend their position. Willing to stand up with the proof that what I am saying is untrue. Others take note.
So back to the “loyal members” who are being used to defend the indefensible, while those responsible for this shocking mess hide in the shadows, do yourself a favour and demand hard cash for your efforts. You are their expendable army, no cost to them when it becomes more and more obvious to everyone the absolute shambles the NEC have made of running the Party. You can get away with “I didn’t know”. They can’t.
They are preparing their lines “if we had only known”, “wisnae me”, “I never supported any of these things” “I must have been at the toilet when that was decided” and the best of them all “This is all news to me” Can I suggest, given the lack of impact of the previous attacks of it all being about ego and me being a Tory it might be worth a try of pushing “what does it matter anyway”, “it’s small beer” “So we lost concentration on Independence, we can get it back”. I think all the other smears are a dead duck.
So before you come chasing me again, calling me names and saying I am lying let’s see some of your leaders, the rogues you are defending, come forward with evidence that contradicts what I have been alleging.
You see, from now on, every time you attack, I am going to refer you to this blog post and ask you “where are they?” After a while, if you have a brain in your head, you might start asking that too!
I am, as always
Yours for Scotland
If you enjoy this blog why not take out a free subscription to this site, available on the Blog and Home pages of this website.